I know digging through the countless articles on cannabis and its impact on our health can be time consuming. We hear a lot of negative press about cannabis in general and even more about dabbing. Here is the deal, yes it is stronger than smoking flower, however these concentrates are also missing a lot of the plant material that can have negative effects on lung health. Here are some of the more stifled benefits of dabbing CBD, which is only one part of the cannabis plant. What’s the real story? Read on and check out these 5 benefits for yourself.
1) Antiemetic – Combats nausea, vomiting and motion sickness. This makes it helpful with the side effects from chemotherapy and opioid (heavy duty pain killers like hydrocodone, morphine, fentanyl and oxycodone these are listed as narcotics painkillers, as well as severe gastroenteritis. Why does this matter? The faster onset of a dab makes this a quick way to get that sick painful feeling to go away, so you can return to normal and functional.
2) Anticonvulsant – Fights against seizures and epilepsy, alone that is very impressive, but it is also being used for its antipsychotic properties. Antipsychotics help those with bipolar, and borderline personality disorder, by acting as a mood stabilizer. Anxiolytic, which means it also combats anxiety and panic, as well as being an antidepressant. Why does this matter? This is just a whole lot of great news for those that suffer from anxiety, social anxiety, panic attacks, clinical depression, bipolar depression, as well as those suffering from epilepsy and seizures.
3) Anti inflammatory – Reduces inflammation and swelling giving relief to many arthritis sufferers, as well as helping with chronic pain. Why is this important? In states with medicinal marijuana a significant number of deaths due to opioid overdose have lessened between 16 and 31 percent, as people switch to cannabis for their pain relief.
4) Antioxidant – Oxygen, the stuff we breathe in order to survive, is corrosive to the tissues of our bodies and causes cell degradation. We have all seen what happens to metal left unprotected from oxygen, it rusts. The best part is antioxidants prevent this cell degradation in our bodies by inhibiting oxidation of healthy cells. The release of free radicals can farther damage these cells.
5) Antitumor / Anti cancer – Prevents or combats the growth of cancerous and non cancerous tumors in the body. This is the big one causing so much fuss over marijuana in the U.S.. Why does this matter? In 2016, an estimated 1,685,210 new cases of cancer will be diagnosed and 595,690 people will die from the disease. Check out this article for more information on this.
Here’s the deal: These are still the early days of cannabis science. Many studies on the subject are still coming from other countries. But there’s a catch, it is still a hotly disputed topic within our own government. As we move forward it is important that we let our leaders and governing bodies know that we support studies on this plant and its health benefits. Why does this matter? Even doctors who once sided among those disbelieving in the benefits are coming around. Now that you can see some of the benefits to dabbing CBD, check our selection here, and try it for yourself see what benefits it can bring to your life.